9 Warning Signs to Assess the Ability of Elderly with Alzheimer's to Live Independently
How to judge whether the elderly with Alzheimer's disease can live independently?
1. Forgetting to turn off the gas or gas stove.
2. Elderly people who smoke often throw cigarette butts casually.
3. Expired food is often stored in the refrigerator.
4. The food is often undercooked or tastes strange.
5. Frequent falls, resulting in bruises on the body.
6. Always wanting to run outside and getting lost.
7. Often forgetting to take medication.
8. Allowing strangers into their homes.
9. Not knowing how to deal with emergencies.
The above situations demonstrate that there are safety and health hazards present in the independent living of the elderly, which need to be resolved promptly.